Friday, May 14, 2010

The brother I'll never meet

I was having my morning cuddle and dad told me about Matthew.

He is my brother and died last year. He's only 38. That sounds old to me but dad said it's only half an ordinary life. But it is the best half.

He told me that Matthew never did anything ordinary. Everything he did was more than ordinary. It was extra ordinary. It would make dad angry sometimes because he never did ordinary things. But he now knows that he got angry because he was jealous of Matthew being able to do whatever he liked, whenever he wanted.

"He owed nothing to anyone and was owed nothing in return." was how dad described Matthew's lifestyle.

Lots of people knew my brother. He was famous and everyone loved him who went to London to look at the statues.

My brother was Silver Man to those who liked to look at statues, and Tonto the Clown to others.

He would make wonderful animals and stuff from balloons. And made things pissadear while you watched closely. Then a thousand silk handkerchiefs would come out of his mouth.

It must be great to be able to do things like that.

Dad says he's now a skellington and lives in Highgate cemetery. he makes all the other skellingtons happy with his tricks. I'd like to see that and dad says he will take me there one day.

I don't want to live an ordinary life. It doesn't matter if I die half way through, so long as I can do extra ordinary things. I want to be like my brother Matthew.

I'll never know him and that is a loss to me, but I will love him always, because he's my brother and the best person I could ever have met.

No comments:

Post a Comment