Sunday, July 11, 2010

Can't get a decent sandwich

Dad is sleeping late today. He's been up all night re-doing his stupid book. He was sad yesterday because his editor lady told him off for making too many mistakes.

I don't know why he just doesn't tell her that its not his fault if spell check can't get its head around syntax. And there's no pluperfect button on the 'puter.

Anyway, its given me a chance to do my blog in peace and quiet, without him shouting at me all the time.

Now that I have had my birthday and I have SIX teeth, I've noticed that everyone has a different dinner to me. They have dinners with lots of lovely looking lumps in it. Though my dinners are lumpier now than when I was little, they are still basically stewed rice with pork or chicken in it. ( I sometimes think its chicken AND pork, stewed in rice.)

My dad has sandwiches. He has a different type each day. He sometimes shares them with me, they're lovely. He says his number one favourite is; Cheese and Pickle. But its just a memory for him, as you can't get Cheese and Pickle in Thailand. Can't even get proper bread.

You can actually. But you have to go to Tesco Lotus and its a hundred miles from where we live.

He gave me a cream cracker and said it's not the same as Jacobs. I expected him to have a moan, but said they are better than Jacobs.

He's always moaning about things not being as good as in England.

He's such a liar. He's always talking and moaning about things in England. The 'bloody government', the 'bloody taxes' the 'bloody stupid laws'. Then he goes on about the 'bloody weather', 'bloody traffic jams' and 'bloody traffic wardens'. Not to mention the 'bloody cameras everywhere' and the 'bloody nig-nogs', I think he means foreigners.

In Thailand they are called 'farang'. Me and dad are called farang. (Probably, bloody farang, though not to our face).

'Farang' comes from 'farangsee' which is Thai for French. Dad says he'd rather be called nig-nog than a Frenchman.

He says that in England you can be put in jail for saying nig-nog. Is that true? If it is then England is a very bad place if you can't say what you like without being put in jail for it.

No, I can't see how things can be better in England.

I think when my dad says they are, he's only really talking about Cheese and Pickle sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment