Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ton up in the afternoon

I've just been for a ride on my mum's motor bike. Dad doesn't know. he's banned mum from taking me. But she never listens to him. She hasn't told him either. I think that's where I get my impedendance from.

We went to collect my brothers who aren't my real brothers from school. We drove really slowly which was a bit of a drag, but it was still very windy. I sat at the front, in my special seat. I could see everything as it all whizzed past.

I can't wait 'til I'm bigger and can have my own motor bike. I can still only count to five so don't know how long i have to wait. I know ten, that's a big number. I hope I don't have to wait that long.

Dad says that ten years soon pass. He's been married to my mum for five years. He says that it seems like ages. I wish he'd make up his mind.

When I get my motor bike I'm going to drive really fast and scare everybody. It will be a pink Vespa. Like in the picture of Barbie. I will wear a matching pink hard hat so the police won't fine me 200 baht to go and buy whiskey.

For now though, I have to wait 'til he's busy writing his stupid book, or building another pond, so I can sneak out with mum for a ride.

I don't know why he's building another pond. He's already filled in two near the house so that I won't fall in and drown when he's taken his eye off me for a second.

He says he's not worried about the new pond. By the time it's finished, I'll be old enough to understand that it's dangerous.

That's the best bit about being little; Nothing is dangerous.

I can see what he means about taking a long time. It's going to be huge, more like a lake really. There will be a house on an island in the middle. Where he say he can go and get some peace and quiet at last.

I'll be able to sit with him and get some peace and quiet as well. I'll ask him every five minutes if he's getting enough peace and quiet. When he's really happy I will then ask if he will buy me a pink Vespa.

No comments:

Post a Comment