Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I got drunk last night

Everyone woke up late today with an overhang. We went to a party yesterday. We had a majestic time and I had Coca Cola. At first I wished dad was with us but then I was glad he wasn’t. Now I wish he was. He’d have stopped me having Coca Cola and maybe I wouldn’t feel so bad today.

I drank so much that I got hiccups. But that didn’t stop me. I got burps as well so that I was drinking Coca Cola, hiccupping and burping at the same time, snot came out my nose and made big bubbles. Everyone laughed and so did I.

We had lots of music. Happy music, not the sort that dad would play. He calls his music ‘blues’. It’s sad and boring. He calls happy music “Rubbish” but I like it.

It wasn’t a party like the ones that wedding and dead people have. For one thing; there were no plastic chairs. Most of us sat on the floor, when we weren’t dancing and having majestic fun.

I wore my sparkly dress, the one I was going to save for my wedding but now realise will be too small and old fashion by then. Mum wore her ‘sexy pants’ but had her big Juventus football club shirt on top so no one could see she was wearing sexy pants. (Juventus just came up on ‘spell check’ and wanted to change it to duvet. How stupid is that?)

Anyway, I think I may have been mistaken when I thought dad was in the monkey house. I heard someone saying he was in Lilo. I understand Thai a little bit. No one spoke English much. It was a bit difficult understanding at first because in our house we speak English, even when dad’s not there, except when mum wants to swear at him.

I heard Supot the muggler man, who gets stuff for dad from Laos across the river, say in English (he does that when he doesn't want people to know what he's saying) that it was a pity dad had to go away to Lilo. He said it was getting too hot here.

Now I’m confused. I’m glad if he’s not in the monkey house, even if he was happy making furniture, but I don’t know where Lilo is or if he’s happy there. And if it’s too hot here, why didn’t he take me with him? I don’t like it when it gets too hot either.

No comments:

Post a Comment