Sunday, October 3, 2010

Words and stuff

I’m sorry if my blogs seem a bit sad lately. I wanted to stop doing them when my dad went away. But it helps me to ‘talk’ when I’m sad. If you love me like you say you do then you’ll put up with it I guess. It’s probably a good thing that you don’t reply. Nothing you could say would make me miss him less, but please indulge me. That’s my new word; indulge. It’s a good one isn’t it? I found it when I looked up inmate.

Dictionaries are a good idea I think. People who write dictionaries must be the cleverest people there are. They not only know all the words, but what they mean as well. My dad says he knows all the words in the world. He’s such a liar. If he did, he wouldn’t say “bloody” so much.

I know lots of words. Some of them are not even in my dad’s dictionary. When I get big and have my own ‘puter, I’m going to write my own dictionary with all the words that aren’t in my dad’s.

You can help if you like. You can be a contibutor. Send me your words, and if they are not in my dad’s dictionary, I’ll put them in mine. I’ll inclucate them in my future blogs so everyone can get used to the new words.

I don’t know what “blog” means, or where it came from. It’s not in my dad’s dictionary. (I’m surprised that ‘television’ is there, it’s so old.) I don’t know if it’s a good word or not. It sounds ugly to me, like ‘blob’, ‘slob’, ‘snog’, and ‘snot’.

They have loads of words in Thailand as well, but not as many as in English. Lots of the words are difficult to say, like the words that start with the ‘ng’ sound. Dad can’t say them at all. He tries very hard to speak in Thai but says that if you don’t say the words exactly right then no bugger understands. “The same as the bloody frogs!”

I didn’t know that frogs could speak. I listen very carefully but it sounds like the same word being spoken over and over again. There are lots of frogs in our ponds at the moment and they all speak at the same time so I really can’t imagine how they even understand each other.

In Thai they say the word first, I think it’s called a noun, and then the type of word second. I forget what that’s called. Is it pronoun? It could be adjective or adverb. I think I’ll learn to speak first and then worry about the name of the word when I go to school.

Anyway, they say “bus red” and “girl good” instead of “red bus” and “good girl”. Dad says the frogs do the same. So what he must mean is; they say “croak croak” instead of “croak croak”? What a load of haberdashery.

I know haberdashery means something else. It’s an old word that no one uses any more, but it sounds a lot better than the word dad uses, so I think I’ll reinvent it for my dictionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment